Industry 4.0 driven Climate-Smart Agriculture: Challenges and Opportunities for Developing Countries
COMSATS is hosting a webinar on Industry 4.0 driven Climate-Smart Agriculture: Challenges and Opportunities for Developing Countries. The webinar would feature a series of talks/ presentations pertinent to the theme, followed by a discussion session. Aly abousabaa ICARDA's Director General will be joining as a Keynote speaker.
- To highlight the importance of industry 4.0 tools in the agriculture sector compatible in terms of economic, social, and environmental sustainability.
- To promote exchange of institutional experiences, best practices and challenges faced by organizations engaged in climate-smart agriculture.
- To recommend means for mainstreaming industry 4.0 to scale up climate-smart-agriculture through South-South cooperation.
- Dr. Aly Abousabaa, Director General, International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas (ICARDA), Lebanon
- Dr. Ismail AbdelHamid, Director programs and project oce, Islamic Organization for Food Security (IOFS), Kazakhstan
- Dr. Zitouni Ould-Dada, Deputy Director, Climate and Environment Division, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), Italy
- Dr. Stephen Yeboah, Senior Research Scientist (Agroecology/ Agronomy), Crops Research Institute, Council for Scienftic and Industrial Research (CSIR), Ghana;
- Dr. Maram Jameel Abbady, Climate Change Specialist and Drought Monitoring Researcher, National Agricultural Research Council, Jordan
- Mr. Arif Goheer, Head of Agricultural Section, Global Change Impact Studies Centre, Pakistan